Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ravi Saran Houston Texas Obituary to a Friend

Dreamers Never Die.
They leave their dreams in Custody with their best Friends.
some dreams become gemstones of an Obituary.
Ravi Saran..stayed at Metropolitan Pali Hill .
We met in Elphinstone College in 70s we were dreamers living our lives in the corridors of the Archival Department at the College..we were a group, gays, drinkers, dopers, all lovers of TS Elliot, Kierkgaarde, Jean Paul Sartre, Albert Camus, Neitzshche, Herman Hesse Zola and varied authors..I was on to Dickens, Dostovesky, Balzac, French writers I found more solace in French Literature than English Pedagogue..Shakespeare was defeaning to the ears to say the least..
We smoked grass.. but near Ravis house was a Bandra Aunty that gave us fabulously distilled hooch called Jeera an antithesis of aniseed that we called sounp.. raw water pickle..Ravi had a elder brother Vikas who was warped in the head Ravis dad was Hindu and Mom Muslim being the sister of an Indian Film Poet Akthar ulleman..who was the father inlaw of the late actor Amjad Khan of Sholay fame..
Ravi and I were great friends, we Dhiren Bhagat and Jangoo Sethna met at Ravis place and Anil Rao..of Union Park.. those were great days..Ravi introduced me to my girlfriend R soon after that he left for Texas Houston.. was doing fabulous, sending money to his elderly parents.. when I met the parents they were beaming with the love of Ravi and his earnings.. he was studious, his letters to me were literary one day I got the news from anothe friend Vibhu Singh son of late Pravin Paul actress and MR KN Singh also an actor of a villainous genre that Ravi had been killed by the Drug Mafia in Houston Texas his body cut into bits and thrown in a chute bag..
After his Death I visited his parents.. they had almost gone mad.. they kept a paying guest and thought he was the reincarnation of Ravi.. I never went back again.. last I heard they sold the flat at Metroploitan and had moved to Bangalore..
This is an Obituary to a forgotten soul of a friend Ravi Saran..of Houston Texas

April 3rd, 2007

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube