Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Beauty and the Hag

Once upon a time
said the hag
i was there
ravishing
beautiful and fair
my bosom a
bright eyed pair
my attitude
never may care
i was falling in love
falling out of love
i swear
i was a diva
beyond compare
today i
sarlabai have aged
like a tear stained tree
in autumn all bare
my silvery tinsel dreams
turned to nightmare
with my wrinkled woes
the world of beauty
i scare
i beg on trains
on stations
me
a broken earthenware
i plead to god to call
me away from this
paper thin
world of hate
everywhere
but god is asleep
somewhere
no time to hear my plea
or my prayer
oh god
how can you be so unfair
next to her sat beauty
with her usurped crown
travelling
to meet her debonair
some crafty
marwari millionaire
both beauty and the hag
their wailing womanhood
to share
while i the
photographer poet
pedestrian philospher
with this capture
a metaphoric
imagery
tragedy
of womanly
wisdom
declare

May 11th, 2007

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube