Sunday, August 1, 2010

Street Photography Stray Thoughts and Blogs

I am posting about 193 photos from the batch I shot and tweaked a few pictures , mostly street shots and some of Marziya in her new rain coat.


My style of uploading is posting most of my pictures without working on them but I dont know why I delayed uploading this jumbled lot , I was sheer lazy and not in a mood.

I carry my camera to work reluctantly more as a habit than as a choice I shoot randomly and honestly there is no method to my madness.

I am not a photographer like photographer I shoot impulsively without poetry or rhythm.. sometimes I shoot my caged childhood and yours too.. somethings are universal , the streets rains childhood and human emotions that we pan scan and showcase in my case as a photo blog.

And to think of it when I became a blogger I did not know how to use the computer not even how to upload pictures .

I was a disaster as a blogger , I could not manage fonts I type with one finger ,I was bad at spellings my early writings were rant exhumed from my past , so I have kept them alive at my archives and copied some to Flickr and at my web presence on Word Press and Blog Spot and Buzznet.


Two people helped me as a blogger one was Steve Haldane from Buzznet and a feisty lady I call the Blog Goddess who made me a journaler.

I thank them for allowing me to age and mature like fizzling old wine.

However hard I try I can not forget the contribution to my bloggers life by my Buzznet friends and Tom Andrews who inspired me to street photography has disappeared once again.

I cross blog my posts to few places but I use Facebook and Twiiter to shamelessly pimp my blogs and it works , I may not be an accepted contributor to newspapers but at least as a blog I have my say and Google Searching Firoze Shakir or Photographer No1will tell you the story of my shelf life as a blog.

I acted a cameo in a single Raj Kumar Santoshi film China Gate and a Rahul Anand serial Ranjish but that was my only tryst with my filmy fate that died as soon as it was born.

If I was asked by fluke to recite my poems well it would be next to impossible as all my stuff is at Flickr and unsaved on paper or memory.

My pictures are also on cyberspace I gave life to situations people who would not be photographed as freely as I have done.


So when I die my heritage will die with me on the Internet.


Unless Flickr gives me an extension after my death without paying the 25 dollars mandatory for a Pro membership that allows all all my stuff to be viewed ..And I am serious as I write this I am a diabetic and maybe be gone before I upload my next lot..because I shoot morbidity in all its mawkishness my thoughts to center around Death and impending departure.

So these are some stray thoughts on a Sunday , Mondays kill me anyway they remind me the problems of my life off line are not yet over and haunt me like Hamlets fathers ghost.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube