Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Post My Pictures at Flickr I Blog at Facebook

135,644 items / 1,044,802 views

I upload my pictures at Flickr I add text dramatize street pain realistically even if I am using a creative tool..but of late I blog at Facebook simply as I am inter acting via comments at Facebook and not at Flickr.

A Facebook reader within my circle of friends who comments on my street pictures is honest sincere sensitive and more intelligent than me by far, my Facebook friends are the icing on the cake of my blog..abd I mean it , my Facebook friends are not mere faces they are body and soul too, and I am sure once in a while Mr Marc Zuckerburg reads me too slyly or shyly of course .

I blog to educate and its a fact I blog to educate myself through your comments.

My Facebook friends are human as human as the pictures I shoot of humanity on the streets clutching to a straw of disappearing hope.

I have blocked people at Facebook when they got nasty and ridiculed the people I shot or my faith I booted them out without explanation ..if you are on Facebok you are not a kid you should be sensitive to my side of a story though you may not adhere to my religiosity..

I dont bad mouth your vocation , your religion or you gender issue so why nail me like Jesus Christ for your own shortcomings.

Anyway this is not the purpose of my post I shall continue without speechifying a social network nightmare adding friends losing sleep etc etc/.

In my case I am happy with all my Facebook friends , this morning I got a comment on my beggars post at Facebok , by my good friend Laurent Designldg a gifted poet , a gifted photographer and an Indophile..

He is on Flickr too and all over on the soul of India too..I copy his comment and share it with you..to the hero of my blog post in the picture I shall come later.


Designldg Laurent

Dearest Firoze your last pictures are amazing, all of them...!!!
Before your style was more photo reportage and now you are sharing with us some absolute pieces of Art.
I enjoy your new pictures so much bahut shukriya for all that.

My reply to his comment besides this post is words I wrote at Facebook.

Firoze Shakir

Laurent I hate doing this Art bit honestly , earlier what I shot I posted directly , but I am reliving and dramatizing my pain through my new pictures and my poetry ..pictures I have in plenty, I am a pot somebody has accidentally overturned and my pain overflows ..quenching someone else s thirst ..it drinks flies away..

I normally post my pictures as I shot them I try not to show of my borrowed creativity but sometimes a picture demands it , and so I have desaturated the soul of my picture adding more pain to my own monochromatic morbidity

Its not easy being a blogger you cant be a blogger if you have nothing to say photo blogging is not micro blogging or farting a tweet it is narrating with or without words the story of the man on the street and through him your own too.

These are my words on the long winding blog of pain.

Now to Appu My Best Friend ..

Appu is the soul of my strength in breadth and length .

Appu is a person I dont call a beggar or ever treat like a beggar and I know him since the time I began to shoot pictures he was my street model..he still is.


But Appu disappears during the rains he goes back to his hometown Gauwhati in Assam.

Appu survived the cloud burst fury a few yeas back that had inundated the soul of Mumbai I am told he takes no chances , his handier I know it is not the right word is his relative or a sister.

My grand daughter Marziya Shakir met him too and there are only two people she recognizes instantly one is Appu my friend the other Salman Khan Dabbang..

So I shoot pain capture it even when the pain no more exists , pain has a tendency to move away from over exposure.

I began walking barefeet inspired by Appu , I realized what it means for Appu he walks much taller than me.

Apu is not crude , he is lovable polite and generous he sometimes gives alms to the more unfortunate than him with hands and legs and no alms.


So this is a God inspired blg I have absolutely no knowledge or training in formal writing no syntax symmetry or grammar I shun it all as the picture within the picture of pain tells its story requires no text.. but some moments necessitate text as I write for a global audience who do not know the imagery of my surroundings or the surroundings of the person I shot.

Appu is a set on Flickr.

This is for my Facebook Friends in humility and gratitude..

Appus other best friend is Dr Glenn Losack MD

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube