Sunday, August 1, 2010

Appu and His Sister at The Shia Cemetery Shabbarat

135,645 items / 1,044,909 views

Its been close to three years since I shot this picture pain is the hard core reality in this picture , and the cemetery was crowded for Shabbarat prayers , and the ground was wet and soggy.

This is a rare picture of Appu my best friend and his sister I shot them both at Chor Bazar too , and she is his guardian angel

There is a story too with his sister guarding him , there are beggars drug addicts who snatch his days earnings and run away , but the worst is when he was at Chor Bazar a goat took dislike to his stunted form and would try to knock him off.. so not having legs or hands you cant do so many things that are quintessentially Indian pastimes , you know what I mean I would not want add cheek and jowl here.

Flies too trouble Appu and mosquitoes too.

And he stopped sitting at Chor Bazar a place I have not visited since a very long time.

Maybe Muslims are misers as he now sits near a Church and gets more money from those who come for the Wednesday Novena at Mahim.

I have not seen Appu and I had gone to give him his picture shot by my mentor Dr Glenn Losack MD.

The next will be when I take Marziya to shoot him one of these days.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube