Sunday, August 1, 2010

Decisive Moment of Pedestrian Poetry

Some pictures are predestined , I had my camera loaded with slide film I shot it, and this has to be shot fast, or it loses the aspect of its poetry of human life..
I normally stood aside from Appu , however my attire is such that more than Appu it is I who becomes the crowd puller..

And this is human nature, warped human nature..
On the streets of Mumbai to dress up like me requires sartorial courage..
The flip side is that even the cops dont spare you..
Earlier I wore the Pathan Kulla , but gave up wearing it it completely as I was getting earmarked as a would be terrorist..getting stopped at Nakabandis..security check required...

But I never changed my attire though I toned it down considerably..

And so shooting dressed like me gets me great expressions from my subjects..

I shot the Bandra Station Idd Namaz.. dressed in my usual attire , but than now at Bandra , the Bandra Police show more leniency..not because of me being Bollywoods Most Wanted , but because they know I am a simple Sufi soul at heart ..love of humanity and pride in being an Indian the greatest reward.

I gave up America and Alaska and love , and now Alaska is famous for all wrong things.. pit bulls lipstick , gun totting macho women..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube