Monday, August 13, 2007

The Hijdas and Tantric Photographerno1

Leaving aside Laxmi Narayan Tripathi , who speaks her heart out on Hijdas , the others that I met keep a low profile each one terrorises the other, every where in eunuch groups one would find internecine politics,..its a power equation race, jealousies , favorite chelas, ugly ducklings, the basest human nature at work among eunuch groups, I saw much of this at play at the All India Hijda Sammelan, my friend Laxmi Narayan Tripathi had not taken part, she is feared for eloquence based on Truth Justice and Individuality of freedom for the Hijda , she was the one who told me to go and visit the Sammelan, I had never attended one in my 53 years, the kindness of Mr Santosh Shetty organiser of this grand event , who accompanied me among the various groups of Hijdas allowed me to take pictures, it was a one and half day affair, shooting time would be less than 6 hours altogether, I watched observed a lot, made friends, and hijdas are private people , suspicious of the outsider, I was dressed as a Sadhu , that made them fear me more.. the next day I wore my turqoise attire , but the event had to prematurely close down due to municipal permission problems, there was the articles in Midday by Salma a Hijda activist that talked about the auction of the pretty eunuchs by other Hijda groups that caused panic large scale suspiciousness of journos specially photographers to the Hijdas I looked a Tantric Photographer No1.
I was lucky meeting Gopal Bhai Babita and Basanti the Eunuch Queen.. maybe the next event I wont face many problems, negativity exists in all genders, its a human trait.. but life has to be treated positively.. that is part of Mutual Coexistence of the Sexes.

photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/the-hijdas-and-t...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube