Monday, August 13, 2007

Babita The Queen of Hearts

Babita is the heart throb of Najafgadh.
A very charming Hijda lady, more lady than the ladies that are born ladies biologically.
She is the foster mother of Mona the child eunuch.
Her life partner is Gopal Bhai Haji.
A very sincere kind human being.

Its a pity I never got to meet them , as they dont miss the Urus of Ajmer Sharif.
I miss the Moti Katra area the watering hole of all the Hijdas.
I miss Basanti, Sohel, Zeenath, Kajal, and so many others that I met last year.
Even Laxmi Narayan Tripathi has removed her presence from my lifes horizon.
I took a domain name for my Hijda site but have not found a home for it..
I am also fortunate that web site surveys on the Hijda ethos take cognizance of my contribution in my writings on the Hijdas.
I met a lot of them on the train during my Bangalore trip both ways but shot no pictures.At Gulbrga a Shrine of a Holy Saint in Karnataka where the train halted I met the beggar varity of Hijdas but no pictures.
The North Indian Hijda is more compliable and friendly ..easily understood , here it is the language barrier..down South.
I met the Turner Road beggar Hijdas , and they are very friendly humble going about the job of begging ,but the Turner Road Traffic Signal kids have returned after a very long hiatus and give them a lot of trouble...
Today is a home ridden Sunday.. I have stayed at home..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube