Monday, August 13, 2007

Gambler Meri Marzi

This was a suit I styled completely out of newspaper for a Hero No 1 of that time Mr Govinda, and the film was called “Gambler “directed by Dayal Nihalani and produced by Dhirajlal Shah and Pravin Shah of Time Magnetics.

This dress was for a song sequel called Meri Marzi and choreographed in a unique style by Chinni Prakash lyrics by Devang Patel.

This dress was the first of its kind totally newsprint and it was my tribute to Media but Mr Khalid Mohamed of Bombay Times and Film Fare who did no like me much for reasons unknown to me , pasted Times Of India on a dress that had had pages of all the prominent newspapers there were not too many newspapers those days just Times Of India , Indian Express and Midday, and Screen , one could only see that Times of India took undue credit without even assigning me the courtesy of a credit line.

So I hibernate on this part of the net away from Indian journalistc jalopies .

Govinda was the actor who inspired me to name myself Firoze Shakirs Bollywoods Most Wanted Designer No1.

The rest is History…

The film is about a police inspector who for any reason will not put his life in any danger, has a very loving family and a friend who is more to him than even his life. Look out for Govinda and his comedy that will be enough to set you in the peels of laughter. To see whether he becomes a gambler or not, watch this movie!

April 4th, 2007

photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/04/04/gambler/

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube