Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sarv Dharm Ek Hijda Motto

Sarv Dharm Ek , simply translated from Hindi means All Religions are Equal, and One.
The Hijda is bound by his sexuality , and you do not need to be a Hijda to be a part of this growing community, there are pitfalls, old archaic minds at work, old traditions not giving relevance to modernity.
Earlier when Zia Jafferies wrote Invisibles her bed time story book on the Hijdas it was a different , esoteric layered world, today all that has changed .
Today the Hijda rules.Period.
And Jafferies book is something I wont spend Rs 300 to buy, and this is not bad mouthing , it has served its pupose and nothing more can come ut of it , the Hijda has changed , the metrosexual Hijda has made his or her appearance and Jafferies Hijda Kamal Baksh is lying eaten by worms in an unmarked grave in old Hyderabad.

I just paid the reading charges on Zias book and returned it back to Bharat of Bharat Book stall behind the staue of Dadabhai Naorojee at Hutatma Chowk.
I told Lakshmi Narayan Tripathi to write her side of her story, and what Lakshmi writes would be Truth, undiluted, caustic, acidic, for Lakshmi is a arrogant bitch.

And her pictures I shot at Thane and Kurla Kamani are there but I shall post them after I get over this Hijda sammelan series.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube