Sunday, November 11, 2007

FOOLS RUSH IN WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD


FOOLS RUSH IN WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

photo courtesy
www.illusionsgallery.com/song-angels-L.jpg


There were a few Indian poets
standing outside the doors of the poem hunter forum
I was about to enter so I asked on of my brother poets
If he wanted to come in
Said he nodding his head negatively
it’s a house of Sodomy and poetic Sin
they throw us Indians and our poems in the
poem hunter recycle bin
I asked another poet
Leonardo Daranjo
He gave me a stupid grin
Whispered in my ears
“Firoze my Haikus
need cooling sherbet
And not lime and gin
Pecan pie I throw up
In the dustbin

Than I asked another
Conceited Indian poet
Dusky dark and slim
Who replies mail in the
Third person
If he would to accompany me in
He said Kerala is my home town
Backwaters I love
At the poem hunter forum
I don’t want to lose my limb
Manzilayo I can’t swim
Choppy waters sharks piranhas
And he sounded grim
His muscularly poets body
He moved towards the gym

I asked the last contender
If he wanted to come in
He looked up at me and said
Sir it’s a House of Shame
Less poetry too much flashing white skin
The he glanced at his twin
Who held his dhoti end tied to a clothes pin
Shutting his ears from the rowdy music
Coming from within
He pointed to his sister also a poet
Waving the rolling pin

So I am the only Indian poet part of the
Poem hunter forum shenanigan
Allen James Saywell and Ian Bowell
Keep reminding me of the color
Of my dark skin
Oh save me Bhartihari
As even a few kitchen loving
White female poets hit
Me hard on the chin
Making the world colored
was a a blind gods
Original sin
I am a human condom
hiding my artificial skin
all my belongings
including my designer loin cloth
I give it to Tunisia Lativia
My adopted next of kin..

firoze shakir photographerno1

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube