Monday, August 6, 2007

Lighting of the Lamps

The flowers at the Pandal of GSB Ganpati this must be weighing in tons are changed everyday, I was here for about an hour and a half, I could have gone on shooting forever, but I lacked company, earlier I was a loner shot pictures for myself, but the Internet changed me , I want to have people around me , excited with their cameras , this sharing I picked up at Buzznet, we learn from each other is not as cliche as it sounds, I am a a stylistic photographer , bend my body to achieve a human tripod like perspective, my human body is ravaged due to brittle bones diabetes and a failing eyesight… Mr KG Shenoy told me someone should shoot you taking pictures , yes he is right I look like a uncompositional picture myself.
And a few years back I remember at a Vasi Fort shoot , this lady now a great photographer Kalpana Shah of PSI my camera club, would follow me she was a salon exhibitor too, I was really upset lashed her verbally , than good sense saved me I begged her forgiveness, I was out of line and she is a tough woman, but she must have hurt , I hurt more when she said I like to learn from what you shoot.. thank you Kalpana I am still learning to unshoot those self aggrandized megalomaniac moments as a showing off photographer..
I show off now too but without hurting others this was a lesson learnt the hard way..Mr Will Barber by Truth showed me that I was callous in not reading his poems, but I guess I needed his rebuking words , he is a fabulously gifted poetic word smith.. he sent me a reply of thanks..I am ashamed I thought he was a well wisher on poem hunter , not a poet.. I am just a toddler in a poetic kindergarten..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube