Monday, August 6, 2007

At the Doorstep of Nizamuddin Aulia Dargah

When I reached Delhi the first thing my brother Firdaus Shakir based in Delhi, did was drop me at the Abidis,
Ashraf Abidi or Huzoor Miya a very versatile writer now retired, had bought up my wife Afshaan as a daughter, as they stayed in the same neighborhood of Banjari Tola Lucknow.
Ashraf Abidi also was connected to me by ancestral blood my maternal grandfather Daroga Nabban Saab , was his paternal grandfather,.
Daroga Nabban Saaab had two wives, his parentage was from the first wife Asma Tara, his father Ahmed Ali died when he was very young, his mother died soon after so he was bought up in feudal surroundings in a village in Faizabad.,
My mother Shamim Shakir was very fond of him, I was visiting their Delhi house for the first time to celebrate and participate and shoot the Delhi Chehlum.
His only son Adnan Abidi who works at Reuters is in Jamaica shooting the World Cup.
So this trip was a moment of childhood nostalgia and bonding.
So having a day to spare I went to pay my tribute to the Holy Saint Nizamuddin Aulia.
So this is my new gallery, a call to Peersaaab Fakhru Miyan Hujra no6 Ajmer connected me to Samad Nizami who was a great host for the few hours I spent here.


March 18th, 2007
photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/03/18/at-the-doorstep-...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube