Monday, August 6, 2007

GSB Ganesha King of King Circle Hope and Hindutva

The Miracle Man and The Shettys

The gentleman with the beads barebreast in white , is a staunch devotee, there is a donation box that you drop money or jewellery to the Lord , that is auctioned , now while serving the Lord this gentlemans lucky elephant hair bracelet fell into the donation box, he could not get it back, his world turned upside down, but on the day of the auction , no one bid for his bracelet , he bid and got it back, his luck has changed for the better, his necklace is coral , rudraksh gold, these ordinary men, in ordinary attire are multi rich, hoteliers , savants, doctors scientists, industrialists, collectively also known as Shettys from Mangalore and the Udipi.. they bought the Masala dossa, Idli sambar, Medu vada , Utthapa to the ever hungry palate of the Mumbaikar..
I have always had Shetty friends how can I ever forget Ramesh Anna or Ramesh Alva of Madras Cafe who gave up his soul .. for reasons unknown to me, did this on a day I will never forget ..Dec10 my birthday. he was not just a friend but a brother related to me by misplaced birth.. Devdas, Uday Shetty, Prem Shetty of Bada saab, ,Prithviraj Alva, Karthik Alva, Ramesh Arasa, Sneha Sharan Arasa.. so many all connected to me in my cybernetic space..
Late Dr P Navin Kumar a social worker who left no stone unturned to add greenery and comfort to those living in Colaba.
Than Mr Santosh Shetty from Park Site Vikhroli who is looked upon as a Messiah of the underprivileged Eunuchs and Hijdas during the All India Hijda Sammelan.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube