Monday, August 6, 2007

GSB Lord Ganesha Kings Circle

I start a new series at Word Press of my pictures that I shot of the GSB Lord Ganesha at Kings Circle last year, may be the Lord was inquistive to know how I would capture him, with Shivas eye embedded in minds camera consciousness..all this would not have been possible without Dr BU Pai convenor of this awesome pandal, a very close friend, radiologist at the prestigious Hinduja Hospital.
Photography is strictly prohibited, but here once again the Lord turns a Nelsons eye…the Lord is very photogenic, loves photography and photographers…The Lord is selective too in his choice of photographers.. I was plain lucky..I have already been given the green signal to shoot him next year too…
For the South Indian Shetty community , he is as huge as the Lal Bagh Chya Raja..but this cohesive community , put all their time to serving the Lord , men women children, you are transported to Mangalore , on wings of poetic fancy… the entire Pandal, the ceremonies are out of this world…everybody is wrapped up in the beauty of this Grandiose Lord…
All roads lead to Kings Circle…directly a shortcut to the Lords Kingdom up above in the labrynths of his Divinity.
Honestly you dont need to be a staunch Hindu to be bessed by the Lord.. he blesses generously …more generously when he knows you Allahs invoker and disciple too…these are my personal feelings both at this pandal and at Lal Bag Chya Raja that I shot extensively to share it with my American friends at Buzznet…
I now bring them to Word Press to showcase what I call Hope and Hindutva.
11 th april 2007

GSB means Gaud Saraswati Brahmins..

These series of Pictures would have not been possible without the finest friend that God has specially given me Dr BU Pai eminent sonolgist and celebrity cult doctor at Hinduja Hospital Mumbai.

I copy their brochure I took when I left the august presence of the GSB Ganesha..

Dear Fellow devotee,
It is with great pleasure we inform you about the 52 nd Shree Gaaneshotsav Celeberations of our GSB Seva Mandal which will be celebrated at Sri Sukriteendra Nagar , A Rama Nayak Halll grounds behind SNDT Womens college R A Kidwai marg Kings Circle Mumbai 19. from 27th Aug,2006 till 31st Aug 2006.
We also have the proud privilege to state that the Shree Ganeshotsav is celebrated by us with unique spiritual and religious focus to insure that all the offerings made to Lord Ganesha reach him in the purity of thoughts and action.
The five days celebration of Seva Mandal is one where all volunteers whole heartedly work day and night right from collection of donations to service towards the Lordand also his devotees thronging the Pandal to pay obeisance to the Lord.The Shrama Daan of our volunteers is truly worth watching at the venue.
The Lords idol stands majestically at height of 17 feet studded with gold ornaments and a beautiful gold crown.When the celebrations were first initiated by Seva Mandal , the Lords idol was 14 inches, .
It exemplifies the stature and glory of our Lord who is also known to fulfil wishes of his ardent devotees. Seva Mandal feels itself fortunate to be blessed by our Dharma Guru His HolinessSudhindra Titha Swamiji , The Mathadipati of Shri Kashi Math Samasthan without which these celebrations could not have scaled to such great heights…
May Lord Ganesha inspire and bless us all.

Madhav K Prabhu ( Chairman )
Rajiv R Kamath ( Hon Gen Sec )

Ramesh V Bhandarkar( Hon Treasurer)

Dr Bhujang U Pai (Convenor)

Dinesh S Pai
Raghunuandan S Kamath
( Jt Convenor)

These are some of the best pictures I have attempted to shoot but my flash let me down as the area to cover was very vast,though I would have got better results had I taken my Manfrotto tripod.. , the euphoria of the Lord is woven in the hands of the little kids who on the stage light the lamps, the women cutting vegetables, and the youth proud and resplendent smiles and the Future of our nation building, the pretty damsels all enlightened in their comeliness by the Grace of Lord Ganesha and dressed in their Sunday best, the Mothers silently praying to the Lord to see that he finds them great grooms greater soul mates, a tear drops from my eye as fathers I still believe are far more maternal than mothers show it with tears the love of their daughters on the threshold of entering a new world as brides .. Samiya comes to mind.. Samiya is my college going daughter all of 18 years..

The Pujaris their beatific smiles the Head Pujari when I was introduced to him by Dr BU Pai more happy and appreciative when he heard my name told Dr Pai a Mussalman.. good man, applied tilak on my forehead that I did not politely refuse.. as I was an honored guest in the Temple of the GSB Ganpati…
Mr KG Shenoy and his lovely wife , proud in laws of Dr BU Pai.. watched my antics my one leg kundalini accumulating photography.
The two kind photographers on the stage shooting the moods of the Lord and also took my shots I am greatful to them.
I have kept all other pictures of the Pandals in my Bandra area on abeyance to bring this GSB Lord Ganesha into your hearts and house…
I firmly believe that even the GSB Lord wanted to be shot by Bollywoods Most Wanted PhotographerNo1.
Thank You Lord.

April 12th, 2007

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube