Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sare Jahan Se Accha Hindustan Hamara

15th August Independance Day St Peters Church Bandra

This is hand held shot , this was set up for me by the Holy Spirit I think, the dog well , he attends Mass like the rest of the Congregation, he is a wise one, much wiser than those who sin and confess.And he too the Holy Spirit wanted me to shoot, I was dressed in my traditional best , but with a white and silver turban.

And though there are some stares but they know I mean no harm and St Peters Church is as much my parish as theirs., this I shot before I went to the school hall, to shoot the St Stanislaus 15th August celebratiions.

And among all those who read me at Buzznet there is only one lady The Alaskan Fern who is always worried about me , we did share some intimate moments , but we are great friends and soul mates.

And she remembered me as I remembered all my American friends on July 4th 2006.

" I hope that you enjoyed a day filled

with the celebrations of Independence Day in India and that there were many kites flying

and Happiness walking hand in hand with Peace.

Independence day in literature The magical moment of freedom was described by poet Pradeep in film Jagriti> (1954):

मंजिल पे आया मुल्क हर बला को टाल के

सदियों के बाद फिर उड़े बादल गुलाल के

हम लाए हैं तूफ़ान से कश्ती निकाल के

इस देश को रखना मेरे बच्चों सम्भाल के

Translation:

The nation arrived at its destination,

after surviving many

calamities and after several centuries,

celebrated the freedom by throwing

coloured powder

We (the older generation) have steered this ship during the

terrible storms,

You, my children, keep this nation safe.

Literal Translation with Hindi Poetic License:(The nation) reached its goal

after surviving many calamities

At long last, centuries later, did fly

clouds of colour

From within the storm we have brought out the rudder

(ofthe sailing ship) This nation, my children, you must preserve.

(courtesy Wikipedia)

Yes, Firoze, I hope you enjoyed your day."

And this what bonding is all about,thank you Alaskan Fern..

and here I quote Iqbal my favorite


Song No. 4
Sare jahan se achha Hindustan hamara

Ham bulbulen hain uski

woh gulsitan hamara

Parvat woh sabse uncha hamasaya asman ka

Woh Santari hamara woh pasban hamara

Godi men khelti hain jiski hazaron nadiyan

Gulshan hai jinke dum se,

rashk-i-jinan hamara

Mazhab nahin sikhata apas men bair rakhna

Hindi hain hum- watan hai Hindustan hamara-

Iqbal

tanslation

The finest country in the world is our India

We are its nightingales, it is our rose garden;

The highest mountain range,

the neighbour of the sky It is our sentry and our protector;

In its lap sport thousands of rivers,

Which make it a garden that is the envy of the world; R

eligion does not teach us to bear enemity towards one another,

Indians we are all- and our country is India.

kind courtesy www.doonschool.com/songs/s4.htm

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube