Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pitru Visarjan at Banganga

Pitru Visarjan is a puja that takes place at Banganga tank at Walkeshwar on this day for the liberation of deceased ancestors, and the entire migrant community from the northern belt of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar , comes here and shave of their scalps, moustache, beards , underarms, and at the edge of the Banga a litany begins , and the Pandit or Pujari , directs the Puja and the prasadam is placed in the waters and a holy dip taken..
This begins in the morning and continues till noon, I was to catch up with Mr Shrikanth Malushte from Grant Road Station at about 8.30 am, but as I had left my house at 7 am, I cancelled the meet and proceeded on my own from there,,to Banganga and I was dressed in my Sadhu attire and barefeet and was greeted with chants of Har Har Mahadev as I wore my leopard skin printed cloth sleeveless jacket and the entire area was like a festive fair , I shot a 1 Gb card and than walked from Banganga to Napean Sea Road Maheshwari House to touch the feet of my mentor Mr KG Maheshwari and spent some quality time with him, his driver shot our pictures.. and taking a train from Grant Road I returned home.. so I begin another series of an Hindu ethos..
www.photographerno1.com

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube