Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Sanctimonious Muslims That Feel For The Muslims of Assam And Myanmar Have No Time For The Poor Muslims of Mumbai


I was seeing her after a very long time , had not spotted her on many Fridays that I passed this way , perhaps she had gone to he muluk or hometown..I give her money generously and I shoot her pictures and she is not from Assam or Myanmar .. she is from Mumbai and the so called sanctimonious heads that feel for the poor Muslims of other areas have no time for the weeds that grow in our backyards .. and there are so many of them outside every mosque in Mumbai.

And I shoot the Muslim beggar it is the genre of my human documentary , I shoot other beggars too but I shoot Muslim beggars because I am a beggar poet ... a beggar in more ways than one.

I have been shooting Muslim beggars and I dont need to sell pictures to add to my income my photography is free , but all my camera equipment etc has cost me money .. and after I am dead and gone perhaps my grand children will shoot beggars too to show you their evergrowing unending pain..

And in a few weeks the so called rich showy Musalmans will spend loads of money buying expensive goats , dumbas and their pictures will be plastered in all the no 2 Newspapers of Mumbai DNA And Hindustan Times I dont read the Number 1 newspaper of Mumbai..and I once went to Deonar to shoot the expensive goats but I stopped it I shoot around Bandra.

And I will shoot the Bakra Eid Namaz ..

Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى‎ ‘Īd al-’Aḍḥá, IPA: [ʕiːd al ʔadˁˈħaː], "feast of sacrifice"), or Feast of the Sacrifice or Greater Eid, is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to commemorate the willingness of Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael as an act of obedience to God, before God intervened to provide him with a sheep to sacrifice instead.[1]

And after the namaz the agony of the beggars of Bandra and finally the slaughter of the goats and the bulls .. and even the guy who has not cut onions at home will become a butcher because demand is greater than supply and for me Bakra Eid is the beginning of Moharam.. another important sacrifice that has kept Islam alive till date because of the Martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain .. grandson of the Holy Prophet .. I will shoot the blood of the goats and in Moharam the blood of the Shias symbolizing a protest against Yazidiyat since 1400 years .. the banner of Revolt against hate for Humanity .. by the enemies of Hussain.

And I will cut my head too on Ashura and on Chehlum to continue this Protest my personal expression of my feelings and my pain part of a greater collective ethos called Ghame Hussain..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube