Friday, April 8, 2011

The Chillum An Instrument Of Universal Peace For The Bawas

179,205 items / 1,408,876 views

I dont smoke but I did many years back during my short lived college days and during my days at the archives dungeon like corridors of Elphinstone College ,where it was a 14 goli chillum and Afghani instead of Bombay black thanks to Pathan friends that got the stuff those days from Kabul.

I gave up smoking after marriage and never touched the chillum or the reefer ever again .. and bawas smoke they are not at all into alcohol, they take afeem cocaine ganja and they always have the best stuff thanks to the mafioso as their patrons and drug dealers and peddlers too.

The hijra bawas smoke too but not as heavily as their male bawa counterparts.. and Char Yar you will find losers drug addicts and the Urus circuit keeps their addiction alive though they are living dead .. zombie like , and the intrusion of photographers on their private space makes them very wild and violent.

But yes if the photographer smoked with them they would not mind even if he paid for their addiction I dont.. so I was always facing their ire in one form or the other but I also carried a huge stick called the Asa made of wood and silver and had used it on one or two crazy bawas .

Once at Mahim during Baba Fakhrs Urus , this you might not believe a crazy bawa slashed my stomach with a sword , but nothing happened he just cut the outer layer of my jacket .. but than later cried hugged me and became my soul brother for life.

I have not seen him for a long time and if I do see him I would run the marathon for sure.

There are crazy guys you meet and Char Yar is an amazing place believe me God and my Nikon D 80 protects me from danger of all kinds natural super natural.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube