Friday, April 8, 2011

With The Hijra Bawas At Char Yar Ajmer

179,205 items / 1,408,792 views

Shooting the hijras and documenting their pain is what the crux of this blog is about..and I would wander barefeet shooting the hijras at Moti Katla or come here at Char Yar to sit with the Malangs and the bawas..and in some moments of madness I would sit with the hijra bawa listening to their tales...

I would shoot extensively manage a trip to Taragadh too, I wanted to visit the high priest of Pushkar with whom I have cordial relationships but time was too short and I never could makes this trip.

I dont know but it is strange every time Ajmer Urus comes I am in the worst financial straits with dark clouds looming on the horizon but somehow I make it to Ajmer and back..

Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra no 6 my host allows me to stay at his house and last year paid for my ticket to Mumbai.I am indebted to him his sons Farid Miya and Qambar Miya ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube