Sunday, February 21, 2010

Photographing The Soul Of A Hijra

Every photographer, the amateur the hot shot all love shoot faces , but sometimes a face shoots you too ,if you are a photographer cum poet like me.

This is Khushi from Mumbai a trans gender a dancer that would teach any choreographer unlearn dancing..

I shot all these pictures but never one did ask her about herself , not interested I shoot and the picture says it all..and I have met her early too when she was a bit plumper too at Simran Dancers birthday party I shot at Madh Island.

Khushi at Haji Malang had the guys at Haji Malang drooling all over their pants , and she did not care for any of them all tearing her physicality her voluptuousness with their road side voyeuristic eyes.

As a photographer you get attuned to reading light as a poet you read the silence off sound you read ripples where no ripple exist..you become Blake etching emotions on the sands of time..

I am a street photographer I sweep and shoot the streets of pain , if all my photo blogs were taken together they would all come under the genre of street photography..

Amazingly I did not hang around at Haji Malang for Sultan Shah Babas sandal which is a favorite of the hijras , I am not a greedy fisherman I know when to let go the rod hook line and sinker.

I climbed down the Malangad mountains barefeet, leaving behind the hijras , without an iota of regret but before leaving I paid my respects to my Hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi , presented her a 35 year old antique silver stick..I knew it would go better with her personality.

And I wont be shooting the Hijra Beauty contest at Kalyan I have not been invited , and I wont gatecrash ha ha ..

I am happy shooting the androgynous beauty of the Hijras that beg on the roads whose lives not even God can change..

And tomorrow is Salman Khans cycle race at the Sea Link , after the race and before the race the beggar will be where he is and this is the reality of our lfe we hype situations but the common beggar is fucked from asshole to eternity..
Yes I shoot beggars as they shoot me too with socketless eyes.. do socketless eyes shed tears I really dont know ..

But yes as a Shia I shot a drop of tear from the eyes of a Shia and yes I could see the ancestry of our pain..yes the bigot will never remember the Holocaust at Karbala..

And this post I dedicate to a Shia Hijra Bundulshehr ,this senior Hijra Guru died recently at her pious feet I learnt the tenets of my Faith as no Mullah would have taught me, she taught me Humanity and it had a single name Hussain , I am crying as I write this , that even Hijras can teach you about life..

I am happy that shooting Hindus , Christians Naga Sadhus the Malangs Rafaees the Hjras has not corroded my soul.. and a mans Faith that was born in his Mothers womb could no be swept away by a terrorizing moment of fear or any other stray thought ..

Yes Ooops Fuck Taqqaiya ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube