Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hijra Kids and The Barefeet Blogger

Initially Nandini the little child hijra stayed away from me, she thought I was some Boogie man.. and I am talking about the time we met at Ajmer Shrif , her foster parents bought her here to Haji Malang for the first time as she is very frail unlike her hijra sibling Mona the child eunuch.

Some corrective surgery has been done , Mona would romp about with a bleeding diaper at Ajmer Sharif a two years back, , I was too ashamed to look at it or even photograph him in that state.. and he knows I am his extended family .


Mona and I get along pretty well.. and luckily this time Nandini too was very friendly with me...and she is a good photographer like Mona..

Hijra kids are God gifted , highly talented creative but fragile creatures with broken wings and I am happy that God has made me an instrument to blog their world without hate or malice..

And I know Nandini must have smelt Marziyas fragrance on my poetic soul ..look at the picture with your inner eyes and you will know what I mean.

Yes blogging in a way heals my own wounds too.. if it heals your wounds than it is a double whammy..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube