Sunday, February 21, 2010

Uploading The Angst Anguish of the Hijras

119,250 items / 775,999 views

I have till now uploaded 790 photo blogs to my Hijras in Haji Malang 2010set at Flickr.
And the Internet yesterday was a warring zone thanks to You Telecom ,outage and real bad connection , to upload 172 pictures of this lot took an entire day, I had to restart the uploader each time it crashed and blogging is part of my spare time world..

When I am at work I am at work sincerely and efficiently.

When I come back from work I blog, I dont socialize I am a a loner I stay to myself and Marziiyas absence has depressed me further.

I had a few hours sleep now I shall go make a cup of black tea and upload the next lot of pictures . of the Hijras in Haji Malang.

Those of you who have seen Haji Malang know , that both sides of a narrow lane , the only lane that reaches the Dargah are hotels and florist shops where the Hijras stay, when you see a lot of young kids hanging around you know the hijras and the cross dressers are close by.

I have the Sandal pictures of Babita and Gopal Haji to post.

Babita hijra and Gopal Haji have been my well wishers since many years ,and they keep calling me to their Hijra enclave or Sammelans but my world holds me back..

And in reality or in retrospection I shoot hijras , because I feel their anguish and pain as a poet and on the other hand as a photographer I document their angst.

However I must confess I like shooting the streets from my moving cab or rickshah.

I dont own a car...so public transport serves my street photography.

Next week a dynamic French photographer a Buzznet friend is coming down to Mumbai and there is a lot to learn from him ,,, he is the ultimate in post processing.

And it is 4 am Mumbai time yes bloggers rarely sleep..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube