Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hijras at Gopal Hajis Sandal

119,336 items / 776,719 views

I have known her for several years we first met at Park Site Vikhroli , my first hijra shooting adventure , she is from Gopal Haji and Babita hijras gharana or household.

She is a fantastic dancer a very loving human being,I was at Gopal Hajiis house at Haji Malang were this series was shot a dance recital and than the hijras came out on the streets with Babita hija carrying the sandal, her two hijra kids Mona and Nandini..

A lot of dance and sweatiness I did not dance this time due to Moharam , but I shot this event i chronicling the angst of the Hijras and their ancestral connection to Sufi Shrines.

And Gopal Hajis camera had failed so I am sure his ward Mona Child Eunuch must be hunting for these pictures that I am posting a month after the event.

Mona is a net savvy child eunuch.

However I aborted this shoot as I was too tired barefeet to carry on and the path was in total darkness so it made no sense shooting this on a fucked Nikon camera flash.

I have till now posted 866 pictures on my Flickr photo stream of the Hijras at Haji Malang 2010..

And I am told Google Search are considering giving me a high end camera a Canon of course for all the work I have done on the Hijras and shared it free with everyone on Google Cyberspace..

I have kept my knuckles and my ankles crossed

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube