Sunday, February 21, 2010

Heena Meena Deeka

This was shot by a cross dresser a perfect picture of Heena Hijra and me ..

Two persons from two different worlds held together by a silken thread of Humanity.

And it does matter if you belong to any faith and yet dont belong to humanity.

Humanity is the core essence of Gods godliness , people search for it and it lies like an eye sore in your back yard and you dont see it because of blinkers on your eyes..

During Ramzan I would find that in spite of fasting the body and the soul were fully fed with an aura of godliness, and Heena Hijra actively follows the edicts in Ramzan.

I had gone to the Bandra Fish market and Mangla Koli the fisher woman friend of Marziya has invited me to Worli Fishing village to celebrate Holi with them ..and this too is part of the spectrum of humanity.

And the silence in my house without Marziya is really agonizing ..she gave us a feeling of belonging.. but than the roots of her maternal side too are important and she is lucky being on the main road at Kazmain she will see the Chup Tazia juloos pass by and the Alams and the Atthvi the best in Lucknow.


Luckily she wot have to see her paternal grand father cut his head with a sword and do the Tandav on the Soul of Shimr..yes Kama Matam on Athvi is gruesome and blood continues to flow even after you step out to celebrate Eid e Zehra on 9 Rabilawwal.. and I remember that my bleeding had continued for three days after Athvi.. being diabetic is carrying a fountain of blood on your head.

But the part that comes to my ,mind is little kids with their peckers piddling on the effigy of the killers of our beloved Imam at Kazmain.

I have still not decided where I will be on Athvi..not Govandi or Malad for sure as I have shot them both.,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube