Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shakil Bhai and Me at The Dhuni

106,654 items / 691,481 views

Shakil Bhai is the owner and caretaker of the Ali Maulah Dargah and Dhuni..a very simple man totally down to earth.My only regret is that I did not know about their sandal procession that was on 5 Dec ..shooting the rafaees doing their body piercing acts in these narrow winding lanes has its own moment of joy for me as an incorrigible photo blogger ,,,

If given a choice I would renounce this world and become a fakir for life , but than I have responsibilities and am trying a method of escape from this world of corruption, mistrust and human hate..yes its tough and renouncing all this is the only easy way out..and this has nothing to do with faith or spirituality its a way of not allowing the flesh on my soul from corroding further...as a poet and as a photographer who shoots street as life ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube