Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Favorite Rafaee

106,674 items / 691,505 views

I dont know his name , he wanders carefree , be it Mahim or Ali Maulah Dargah, he hardly talks to people , he keeps to himself, but he is a part of the Chancawalli Rafaees..

He meets me on the streets inquires about my health, my diabetes , my work, my family but he has never asked me for anything for himself.

This time I gave a few gemstones to Barsati Bawa to distribute among the rafaees ,I gave Shahenshah Bawa a Turqoise pendant,and in retrospection I think I should have given him something too.

I have seen him at the dhuni for several years , he has not changed a bit,maybe he is more seasoned than the last time I saw him.

Rafaees come , than they move out, branch out , start their own orders, and you will meet them all at Ajmer Sharif.. at Char Yar , catching up on old times ,and all under the watchful eyes of Peer Naubat Ali head of the Rafaees at Char Yar..

I seek his blessings before I shoot the rafaees , his word is law and he is always sitting with the Khadims of Ajmer.

One man who waits for my footsteps at Char Yar is Zanjirwale Bawa he has chains around his body his feet and hands have iron rings manacled permanently , this in memory of the fourth Shia Imam Sayade Sajjad..or Zainul Abedin..

The other two people who await my visit ate the dread head Malangs who come from Gujrat and Punjab..they sit in the open prayer hall at Char Yar littered with graves.

They are serious spiritualist , no smoking hash just dua and tawiz and are exorcists too..they are very fond of me and the feeling is mutual...

Yes you should visit Ajmer during the Urus once in your life time..and in all humility if you want to search me out I will be at Moti Katla with the Hijras or with the Rafaees at Char Yar or at Hujra No 6 of my host my mentor religious scholar lover of Ahle Bayt Peersaab Fakhru Miya .

Here too I am known as Camerewale Bawa.. the Bawa with the Camera.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube