Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World is a poem by William Ross Wallace, that praised motherhood as the preeminent force for change in the world. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hand_That_Rocks_the_Cradle_(poem)

Blessings on the hand of women!

Fathers, sons, and daughters cry,

And the sacred song is mingled

With the worship in the sky--

Mingles where no tempest darkens,

Rainbows evermore are hurled;

For the hand that rocks the cradle

Is the hand that rules the world.

I saw this little girl putting her brother to sleep and I was in a ricksha coming from my clients house at Carter Road Bandra, I reversed the Rickshah and shot this picture, I did not use flash at all as I wanted to show that one day this Girl Child too will be a Mother and a very good mother, and when the winds blow the Cradle wont fall.

Motherhood is a pavement on the banks of a tarred street.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube