Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lakshmi Narayan Tripathi and Her Mother.

This is a picture I have taken from the net of Lakshmi Narayan Tripathi and her mother.
When I visited Lakshmi during Ramzan , her parents were at their hometown in Uttar Pradesh .
So I did not meet them.
Lakshmi showed me her brothers wedding album, that she attended as a man, she can seamlessly take either identity and still remain the center of attraction, this is a God given quality , not found among other transgenders I have met,.
For Lakshmi coming from a feudal Thakur background where masculinity is highly touted, considered a macho thing, femininity is looked down disdainfully.
So for Lakshmi to give up the biological trappings of her masculinity , become woman is a choice that must have been very difficult to make, her family is ultra conservative , even the ones in her hometown, the pictures don’t lie.. Circumstances do.
So I think whatever Lakshmi s choice her mother has been her strength,, for her mother Lakshmi will always remain a boy.. I come to this conclusion, because of a phone conversation with her Mom.. Her mother does not know me nor have we met earlier. Though Lakshmi and I share a healthy friendship of 11 years.
The phone call went this way..
Me “..Is Lakshmi there”.?
Her Mom.. “I am Lakshmis mother , he is sleeping..”
That was as short and sweet she politely hung up on me.
So I have wanted to meet this personality, her mother, but somehow going all the way to Thane with my wounded hand would be suicidal in the train rush..
I wanted to go to Koondathavar.. for the Koovagam Hijda festival but it looks bleak…
Today I have downloaded pictures from my comp, to show you guys fresh stuff… instead of mass copying posts from my home site to Word Press.
Category management has taken me almost two days, I was not much good…in this aspect of Blogging…At Buzznet we added tags, put them in their respective photo galleries, the best was the mass editing.. I could shift them to any gallery I wanted..
I have over 800 tags or more so you can imagine what I have to go through…
But I take all this in my stride…its about 5.30pm, Juhu must be choc a block, suicidal to even think of going there , the Abhiash wedding is the greatest show on Earth this side of Midnight..All I can say the gold dust will settle down.. May they live happily ever after..
I have pictures of their new house 85 Naivedya where they will be living… at Carter Road…Sunset Boulevard…

April 20th, 2007
photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/04/20/lakshmi-narayan-...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube