Sunday, August 12, 2007

Missing Links Koovagam 2007

my post at word press

photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/missing-links-ko...

The Koovagam festival is over , , also read the blogs of a senior lady who has posted the picture of the Aravani Beauty Contest at Sulekha Blogs, it is a gutsy article I salute a fellow blogger though I have a bitter taste of my short sojourn at Sulekha Blogs.. Well I shall remove all the bitter memories and move ahead.

Her Link

Sharique who has shot pictures of the latest Koovagam Festival ..actually he had used the pictures from Times of India he said much later to a query from some visitor on his site…
This is his Link .

Thousands take part in Koovagam festival

Eunuchs welcome Tamil Nadu Government move to assure their basic rights

My Belgian Marc de Clercq friend who was in Villuparam to shoot the 2007 Koothandavar Koovagam festival is expected in Mumbai from Chennai ., I hope he has found his stolen Hassleblad Equipment.
I hope he shares his adventures with me that I can share with all you guys.
I had gone to SL Raheja Hospital once again , I had stopped my daily walk regime my sugar shot, up, Dr PG Talwalkar has told me to continue with the medication and Insulin intake,.
Dr Sunil Vaze the surgeon feels I have a hair line minor fracture near the wound, so I will have to wait for it to self heal..bear the rigorous pain.
Had this not occured I would have landed with my ass at the Koothandavar festival.

Picture is of a Hijda who visits Koovagam festival regularly.Lucky One.

My comment on Shariques post on Koovagam.

Thank you Sharique for your kindness and concern,this part of interconnecting via blogs , intersharing topics of mutual content makes an added impact on those who read us.
Hijdas even today are considered freaks,hence an unending curiosity of their life styles.But Hijdas are more human due to the tavesty of their dichotamous gender,,they are bottled pickled pain of being born human in an inhuman society,I am very close to the Hijdas I am a heteroseual disciple of my Transgender Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi.
I like you hope one day they attain a new dawn , given the repect they deserve..gender chice is a fundamental right , to be what one wants be without social pretensions or fear of a social backlash..or bycott.
The Healing is the Cure…
Take Care.
As Ever
Firoze Shakir
Photographerno1

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube