Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Eminent Judges of India At The PSI Annual Salon

This was a detour of my life as a novice photographer , I participated in competitive fine art photography,I was introduced to this art form by late Prof BW Jatkar who infected me deliriously with this bug, so we were like 3 musketeers the two of us including Mr KG Maheshwari..keeping each other updated about the results , those days , making fine prints sending them to the salons ,,I still have all the prints negatives slides that is the bane of deteriorating space in the house ,,Mr Jatkar God bless his soul made me a member of the two main pillars that one in Delhi run a a family fief and the other with the large shadow of Benu Da and the silhouetteof his soul embedded in in Mr Subroto Ray ,, I corresponded with most of the heads , being a starry eyed novice ..I corresponded and went Lucknow to meet late PC Little too.

But being a man not bound by photography limitations I saw the rut, the mishandling of our prints the biased judging a flower photographer etches his narrowness on street pictures , and the overall similarity of all salon contenders shooting the same bloody shit ..it disillusioned me completely and mind you I am blogging this fresh on Facebook ,, these words I will copy paste on Flickr post ,,,


Even today the salon magazine camera newsletters barring a few photographers the rest of them are sunk in abysmal hell hole , it makes me puke all over ,.. and why has the change not come in because old farts whose time is up wont let go of the reins .. they dont wont young blood , at the helm they said the same when photoshop came and changed the rules of their Renaissance fucked up rules .. and the same fear when the digital era began.. there were young hopes but were trampled in no time and these are my personal views as a mystic visionary not bound to camera club rules of degradation and deterioration, call me a loser a failure as a photographer ..

I moved away from analogue photography completely from the corrupt politicization of the holy body soul enshrined in a camera club.. I began to walk backwards into my real world the street , the beggars , shooting documenting bomb blasts in Mumbai regional events ,,

And I owe a lot to people and the camera club but I wanted to be free blog .. learn from others and share my craft I am not a methodical teacher so I began teaching demystifying the camera body and soul on my my grand children from birth..and yes Fuck F stops .. they shoot pictures they see pictures they create pictures .. their testimony of their aspirations is a blog.. I blogged their lives their achievements ..I could not do the same for my children as I was an alcoholic a bad father and a lousy everything .. so photography I took up to give up booze and I gave up photography a more powerful intoxicating drug to become a blogger ..I have myriad flaws .. I am not perfect but I am changing even though the grave is not very far away in my case even as a Shia Muslim I have asked my family to give my corpse to Medicine ,, whatever parts working or in bad condition and to delete my presence my blogs my poetry from social network forum,, yes I intend to take that with me ,,

And the two people in this picture have helped me Mr Anil Risal Singh from Lucknow the city of my birth.. and Mr KG Maheshwariji who kept in touch with me on e mail he is not well so I miss receiving his wisdom.

But I met Mr Subroto Ray for a very short while a multifaceted personality I did not know what to give him..I gave him a old working condition antique camera ,, I was a camera collector 275 cameras when bad times came I gave it away for Rs 17000

And I am grateful for all those who helped me reach the other side of the bank .. as a blogger ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube