Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Guru Shreekanth Malushte

This is a an old blog I bring forward via Aviary editing tool I use prolifically at Flickr to erase the color element of my pictures to etch my restless angst.... it was my 36000 blog that time when I posted it , in all humility typing with just one finger of a permanently damaged right hand I have crossed over 287000 blogs..Now read the old blog below..

Mr Shreekanth Malushte needs no introduction, this man is larger than life,he shot this picture.So though you dont see him, his presence fills my pictorial frame..
Mr Shreekanth Malushte is a ardent fan of George Eastman founder of Kodak company.
George Eastman was created by a restless God , and man in the restlessness of his mind created the Camera that changed all our lives.
The camera is an instrument of pranic healing..
It may have not healed the sickness that Mr George Eastman was undergoing when he ended it with the famous words in his suicide note..

"To my friends: My work is done. Why wait? ...

Mr Shreekanth Malushte teaches photography, at grass root level this ex professor of the prestigious Maharashtra College..

I was lucky to have been taught photography by him, when my friend Mr Subhash Solanki sold me my first camera Nikon F50..he handed me a visiting card of Mr Shreekanth Malushte..the rest is history.

My daughter learnt photography through Mr Malushte..waiting restlessly in the wings is Marziya Shakir my 9 month old grand daughter a child prodigy..
So I pray that God gives Mr Malushte a very long life so that Marziya can boast when she comes of age ..that she too learnt photography from Mr Shreekanth Malushte.

And yes Mr Shreekanth Malushte and his charming wife were there when her dad Asif Shakir got married..

Mr Malushte teaches an art called Unlearning Photography..
He makes you a camera instead, that you become the lens film and negative..
This can be crazy if it goes beyond the human limit..
Craziness is indeed a part of evolving in photography.
A photographer must be a poet to add the roundness to his pictorial soul.. an added asset and dimensional..
When I say poet or poetry I talk of a silence of the soul.. wordlessly through pictures.

Mr Sreekanth Malushte introduced me to the Photographic Society of India lovingly called PSI Mumbai that celebrates its annual day this 29 August 2008.

Through Mr Shreekanth Malushte who taught me my basics , I met my other two Gurus both giants and stalwarts Prof BW Jatkar and Dronacharya KG Maheshwari.

They took my love of photography to another high salon participation.. much before I became an incorrigible photo blogger.

On Dahi Handi Day I got a call from Mr Malushte if I could come to Jijamata Udhyan Byculla and model for his new students like I had done a few years back at the same venue.
I obliged and the picture shot by Mr Malushte is a result of this outing..
After shooting the colonial past , a few shots in the zoo I left to shoot the Dahi Handi..taking a cab from Byculla to Lalbagh.
So this is my new set at my Flickr photostream..
This is my 5099 post this month August.
36117 photoblogs since I joined Flickr in June 2007
Yes I would be homeless as photo blogger without Flickr..
From Flickr I cross blog to my other web sites.
All my pictures thoughts poetry originates at Flickr
You have to be signed in to see my world..for my graphic pictures of moharam and the naga sadhus and maha kumbh..my set on the transgender over 20000 images has been removed by me from public view ,, for personal reasons.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube