Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Mother Gets Beaten Everyday .. I Wish I Was A Boy


She is a beggar , and begs along with her child at Andheri, and they live on the roads , nowadays those who live in the slums forgive me cant be called poor anymore , some of the slums are bought up for crores of rupees .. slums at Behrampada , slums near Bandra west dont come cheap at all.

One slum that I visit often is the Bandra Compund or Shastri Nagar Bandrra station slums all sitting on plum real estate.. the rentals are very highly mostly tailoring embroidery workshops and manufacturing units ,,I think there are are a lot of wholesale markets that should be shifted out of city limits to ease traffic and standard of living.

I know most of the migrant workers bought to work on projects by outsourcing contractors are easily led into the prostitution trade and it will be another thousand years when prostitution is legalized in Mumbai..

I miss Arup Patnaik he was a good man who commanded respect he could read crowd behavior and I a sorry that he had to go unceremoniously and those that engineered the Azad Maidan riots are laughing all the way to the election booth ,, law and order in Mumbai is abysmal ..I get disgusted reading the papers and it will continue as nobody is accountable politics of coalition and survival and non stop blame game.

Good old Mumbai when it was called Bombay died in its sleep of overdose and it is not about what you call the city , Mumbai by any other name was always a safe city .. no more ,, there is a gloomy pall everywhere and it has nothing to do with onion smell.

I have witnessed the 93 Mumbai riots and I know what it was .. no effort was made either by State or the center to save the city when it burnt and was looted the cops just watched as though nothing was happening and for them it was Hindu Muslim for me it was all Indians who died as the satraps played politics and the rath drivers just mowed some some more people under their wheels.

My family my father was all Congress voters and less said the better ,,, my wife does not want to vote my children dont want to vote and I dont blame them and I voted a Congress corporator whose face I have yet to see in my area the dirtiest filthiest area in all of Bandra ,, literally a slum.. and those who nominated him dont care a damn either ,,, and things will change I am sure of that you cant fool all the people all the time ,,, the buck has to stop some place,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube