Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Malang From Bandra ..

238,296 items / 2,000,985 views

I know him since many years he recites Hindu shlokas and is deeply versed in the Scriptures , he once told me he is from a Sufi sect pre Islamic before Adam..

But I dont take notes so I really dont know what he meant but I pay him generously whenever I meet him..and last Friday was at Mount Mary steps for some work I could not get a rick so I decided to walk back home and I spotted him sitting outside a Jamati mosque I was quite surprised as these guys dont tolerate Sufi beggars or Shias for that matter.

However I spoke to him , he said he was begging here since some time and had no issue though some guys had thrown stones at him , but in a way it has always been Muslims who cause more harm to Muslims .. if you dont follow ones ideology.

My subject is Sufism Malangs and Rafaees touching street photography, I gave him a wad of notes for Ramzan and took a lot of pictures on the street .

I told him I had become a Dam Madar Malang and he said he was a Madari himself affiliated to Makhanpur.. and hugged for being his brother .. Peer Bhai .

So these are pictures of a person I respect and like for his photogenic demeanor too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube