Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nowadays Bakra Idd Is Less About Sacrifice More About Money And Showing Off


Buying a Rs 500000 goat , or a Dumba for Rs 300000 or a goat with Allah inscribed on its coat for Rs 400000 is what counts , pomp vanity is what Bakra Idd has become of late ..


The average poor Muslim hardly gets a square meal in the slums , children uneducated , and the silence of the Minaret , no Fatwa to tell people to buy goats in humility and spend the money on a child's education , can you imagine how many illterate Muslim kids would benefit in Rs 300000.. but why should the Mullah tell the rich man after all his own kingdom is taken care of by the rich in his community...

Bakras should be bought but sanity should prevail, imagine the widows , the orphans , the beggars who live from hand to mouth , I have stopped going to Deonar Goat cattle market it gives a wrong message of my Faith..

I shoot Muslim beggars and than I wonder if the community leaders used this excess money spent frivolously on buying expensive goats could instead be utilized for the hopeless of our community ..

I shoot goats in slum pockets , I shoot the common Muslim man , I dont think I could shoot a rich mans goat it would be an insult to the humility of my camera ...

And I have nothing against butchers , but the poor should be given a thought .. the poor need help desperately its their poverty economic failure that drives kids to crime , and so as a blogger I though of releasing my angst and pain through this picture..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube