Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kamatipura Flea Market Mumbai

209,970 items / 1,734,334 views


Every morning on a Friday in the wee hours the entire population that wants to make money , pass time comes to this Market , goods from here reach homes as antiques , goods from here are bought by Chor Bazar dealers .

This is a street market of Waghris those Gujrati migrant that buy old stuff from rich homes , stuff that is useless but is of value to the collector or the poor man one mans poison is another mans need .

I came here for old cameras twin reflex , box cameras I could not afford to buy the Leicas but I had a collection of collectibles about 325 I sold them all for chicken shit as I had no space when I was moving my workplace to a newer smaller one .

The pictures of my collection are at my Flickr photo stream , i spent a fortune and I lost them all ,I have not gone to the Kamatipura Market since 5 years , but I meet the Waghris as they all know me , and they wonder why I stopped coming , I had a passionate urge for old books literary stuff , rare collection I sold that too to a friend who is an book dealer...I sold it all again for chicken shit..

And I loved shooting the flea market Chor Bazar Friday markets , I got some beautiful gems some rare silver stuff I wear it even today, I got my amber here at the flea market..

The flea market is an addiction worse than Facebook , one you are in tough to get out you are networked with the best in the filed ..In Hindi it is called Nasha .. like opium Chandul , one in the den always in the den..
People have become rich overnight buying and selling a single painting one of the dealers has visited Italy more times than I have visited my hometown..

This post I have updated but this picture is a set at Flickr..Kamatipura Flea Market Mumbai

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube