Friday, November 4, 2011

Marziya Shakir and Jimba

209,858 items / 1,731,554 views

A lot of Muslim folks that have open spaces in Bandra keep goats , feed them take care of them and finally slaughter them during Bakra Idd ..a thought that kills the child who begins to love the goat as a pet..

Jimba is a story of a goat at my Flickr photo stream , Jimba was a beautiful goat Khasi , castrated and loved kids , he was like a kid among kids , would eat biscuits sweets chocolates , and he was a very playful , he was very attached to my Grand Daughter Marziya Shakir and the moment he saw her he would come towards her lick her and Marziya was perhaps 16 month old, I could never understand their love for each other , Marziya treated him with love and respect..

And one day on Bakra Idd I was coming back from shooting the namaz I came through the slums and there in front of my eyes was Jimba being adorned for slaughter , I could not believe it , I saw him he looked into my eyes asking me for Marziya, his death was not instant , after he was slaughtered he lived but his eyes were fixed on me and he was pleading to get a glimpse of Marziya .. but Marziya was at home on the fifth floor and hardly knew her best friend Jimba would be killed for Bakra Idd.,.I requested the owner of Jimba not to send the Kurbani or Jimbas meat to my house we would not be able to eat it anyway.. Jimbas slaughter pictures are on my photostream..
I came home sad , because the best pictures of Marziya as a toddler are with Jimba even those of her sharing her biscuits with him..

When I reached home Marziya was there looking at me sadly, and than she did something , I was zapped she put her hand on her neck and I knew she knew Jimba was dead .. so I share a strange bond with my gran daughter , and she shoots pictures she is a gifted child and it is nothing to do with her photography , her shooting beggars hijras ..


This Bakra Idd I shall miss her the most as she is at her maternal grand parents house ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube