Friday, November 4, 2011

Jimba Meets His Fate

102,125 items / 666,514 views

Jimba is a pet goat that was raised fed to finally be slaughtered for Idd ..he is a Khasi goat, and was the favorite of all kids at Bandra Bazar road including my grand daughter Marziya, he had a very special attraction for Marziya and would follow Marziya simply because Marziya would nudge me to buy him biscuits..

Jimba was to be slaughtered last Idd but missed the butchers stroke, Jimba was a kid goat bought for Rs 2500 by one brother and raised by another brother, Kadir bhai who bought the goat wanted him to be slaughtered for his daughters wedding and though the wedding took place Kadir bhai, gave him a reprieve..

So when I returned from shooting the Bandra Station Road Namaz on Bakra Idd day,I passed by Indira Nagar barefeet and was shocked to see Jimba being made ready for the Kurbani..the surviving bakra that was a pair of Rs 45000 had already been slaughtered..

The Qurbani of Jimba was done by a Mullah who recited the Holy Verses.. and all the kids were weepy eyed sad, including me, Jimba took a lot of time to die, he was not ready so to speak to meet the Maker yet, and I kept on shooting his rattle and death throes..his head was placed in a utensil so his blood dd not flow on the ground..

I know one thing for a fact Marziya wont stop searching for him..and perhaps you might not believe this but when I came home I asked Marziya about Jimba she put a hand like a blade on her neck.. and I understood that Marziya has the gift of reading my thoughts too,, and Marziya has not yet seen a goat slaughter yet..

For those who have tuned in late Marziya is a two year old child..my son Asif's daughter..

And my eyes are wet and moist as I post this today..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube