Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mysticism And The Hijras Are Two Sides of The Same Coin

184,978 items / 1,459,465 views

When I first set out as a photographer I showed my contact sheets to a so called eminent photographer at my camera club he looked at the shit I had shot monkeys hijras beggars and he said I was directionless and my pictures made no sense , they were an eye sore I hated him but than today .. his words have helped me I shoot what others may not like to shoot and so in a way for me as a photographer it has been a very long journey I moved away from the analogue world from salons from camera clubs and sat under the Bodhi Tree of the Blog... sharing the light with all of you.

I branched out became a blogger at Buzznet Blogspot Wordpress and finally rested at Flickr.com than came Twitter and Facebook..this is my final journey..and my Pro membership at Flickr is a gift from a brilliant photographer Dr Glenn Losack MD now family and teacher of Marziya Shakir 3 year old worlds youngest street photographer.

Marziya Shakir shoots with Glenns D 80..that he presented her.. as her Hanuukkah offering.

Ok back to my journey I began shooting Shiasm Hinduism Nagas Sadhus and through Fahad Pathan Sakib hitched myself on the Rafaee bandwagon , through the Chancawalli Rafaees went up to Haji Malang met Laxmi Narayan Tripathi my hijra friend of many years and began shooting the hijras in earnest with her guidance and blessings later to save my ass getting beaten for shooting hijras she made me her chela.. she became my Guru two a few years back..

Because of her I shot the All India Hijra Samelan Park Site Vikroli.. never looked back and took a domain name Hijdaeuncublog and began mu blogs at Wordpress 2008.. I have hidden the blogs from public view at Wordpress and surrendered my domain name too yesterday.

Ajmer bought me closer to Sufism and the Hijra mystique I discovered the connection after a dream at Ajmer I was beckoned barefeet to the grave of the Hijra Saint and his biological son close to Taragadh..

And than I was invited to the Chautha of late Hijra Naik Raginijis memorial service and the thirst increased I met so many hijras and one thing led to the other.

My benefactors my patrons besides Laxmi were Ma Madhurima hijda head of Park Site Vikhroli and her chela Baby in the picture with Zanjirwale Bawa , without these two I would have never reached this far in Hijra documentation...

Both love me feed me at Haji Malang or Ajmer they treat me like their child I gained their trust and later the trust of the Delhi hijras thanks to Gopal Haji of Najafgarh.

I got close to the Hijra Bawas the Sada Suhagins.. and the Ardh Nari Nareshwars..

The hijras and mysticism go hand in hand ..hijras have powerful energy cosmic force they heal they ease out the pain in man..I know hijras I did not take pictures who with their spiritual endurance can touch a piece of wood and make it bleed like a human being..

Yes I have come a very long way.. despite my moderation my own trials tribulations..and I am at home with the hijras I think they are loners like me though they appear gregarious extrovert and what not..

I meet hijras I have to meet hijras I will meet hijras the hijras and I too are connected in our respective mysticism..this is known as Hijra Vardan.. the power to connect with hijras as and when be it the Devadasis the Yellama and other spirtual hijras..

I met a Wahabbi Hijra too he follows the Whabbi ideolgy but is a eunuch by choice he has done the Haj Umrah..this is his aberration and he tells me God will forgive him.. I have no issue I dont play God.

I met the Shia hijras too all caught in the throes of their androgynous sexuality what has their sexuality got to do with me ..I like shooting hijras and they like me shooting them ... being a poet makes it more easier shooting their pain.

I have shot hijra eunuch children..and my hijra documentary is my personal take I dont sell my pictures or text..I have shot hijras in brothels in the hijra cages with respect and the dignity of their profession.

And honestly when I set out or do meet a hijra I know it is a auspicious day for me..I have not yet shot the Eunuch festival at Koovagam but I dont regret I shoot the hijras almost every day week.. so I am missing nothing.

This too was a blank post...I filled in the blanks

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube