Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shooting Lalbagh Chya Raja Is a Spiritual High

184,980 items / 1,460,843 views


This year I shot the last segment of the Lalbagh Chya Raja thanks to Vikram Rajendra Dharankar a Facebook friend , he saved me from being trampled by the crowds I had an injury on my leg but he placed me close to the Gates of Lalbagh Chya Raja and saw I got the best pictures .. this is my tribute to a very dear friend.. I am indebted to his friendship..

And it is friends like him , karyakartas volunteers devotees that help me on my long walk with the Raja barefeet from Lalbagh to Girgaum Chowpatty the following day.. in the wee hours of the morning.

every year
he calls me
to his court
his kingdom
without
borders
only
love devotion
no visa
no passport
lalbagh chya
raja mumbais
only heavenly resort
every year
barefeet
i follow him
with his
devotees
their blessings
their support
during ramzan
they give me
victuals
to break my fast
his mahima
through pictures
i report
being a hindu
or a muslim
is not as
important
as having
a good rapport
gulal merriment
joy happiness
to the beats
of the drums
a moments rolls
everlastingly
cavorts

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube