Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Have Shot Over 1500 Pictures In One Day of The Marriammen Feast Juhu 2011



I shot this event in two parts in the morning I shot over 500 pictures of the animal slaughter outside the Marriammen Temple Juhu barefeet , this was a tiring shoot as I was fasting with the Tamils only water and nothing else or tea.

I shot this from 6 am to 10.30 am, came home showered posted pictures hit the sack.

At about 4 pm in the hot blazing sun scorching heat I came back barefeet to Juhu beach , here I shot the piercings beach scenes the ISKON bhajan chant that was going on at the beach and tham walked with the devotees till the Marriammen Temple I shot some stuff with my monopod and than I met the hijras carrying hot pots on their heads most of them are readers of my blogs so kept wanting to be shot, I did than I reached the temple tired I was still fasting I shot the rod removal rituals walked back towards the beach end of the road met Sarla hijra , tried to get her a ricksha as she was in bad state her drinks had been spiked she kept clinging to me and we looked like a rare couple deserted on a lonely island, I was saved when a few of her friends saw her with me and took custody of her..

I caught a rick reached home showered began posting the pictures...there is another last lot to go...


And this is one feast that I have shot extensively in Mumbai,and though my life is not really come to terms with my fate I try not to miss it , and I too might have my cheeks pierced at the next feast I shoot to taste the spiritual thunder of a community that has accepted me as one of their own.. and one of my Tamil friends has a desire to scourge his back for Imam Hussain .. so I shall do it for his Goddess too what he wants to do for my Holy Imam.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube