Thursday, April 7, 2011

Suhagan Baba At Chor Bazar Mumbai

179,205 items / 1,408,376 views


We met the first time at a restaurant off Chor Bazar called Paradise, I was barefeet and more opulently dressed than him, he tried making feminine advances from his table, but I ignored him, but than all of a sudden his host an antique dealer who had bought him here from Ajmer Sharif walked in , I was introduced to him as all the dealers show a lot of respect , and hold me in reverence because of my visits at the various Dargahs they visit also.


He did not want to tell me about this woman like dressed bawa but I did not mind, when I met him I had never been to Ajmer at all.


He liked a silver ring on my finger a Yemeni agate, I gave it to him, the moment I gave him the ring , he took out a long prayer bead round his neck, you can see it in the picture and put it around my neck.

We parted I dont wear plastic , but I did not want to hurt his feelings, I had barely walked a distance I felt the beads were throttling me , this is the truth, I started sweating profusely,being diabetic and having hypertension, I did not connect this with the beads.

When I reached home in a terrible state , I told my wife about the events, Suhagan Baba that was his name.. The first thing Wife told me was to remove the beads, I thought I would throw them in the sea.But Wife said give it back to him the following Friday the day I go to Chor Bazar.


I met him on the next trip and he was sitting at the same table waiting for me, I told him I wanted to return his beads,, he said I know that.
He put the beads around his neck, than I shot this series of pictures.

My various trip to Ajmer I searched for him, but I never found him.


He was touting that he had a cure for AIDS Cancer , and other terminal diseases, but I am not into this hogwash, so I just nodded my head.
But its unfortunate the poor people get conned ,.

I asked his host who has a shop at Chor Bazar, but his whereabouts are unknown..

The Sada Suhagins are a Bawa sect who dress like women but are not hijras.

At first I thought he was but these guys marry produce kids , thet dress as women and are the equivalent of the Hindu Ardh Nari Nareshwar.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube