Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rashid Bawa The Soul of Dance And Mysticism

179,205 items / 1,407,975 views

Rashid Bawa is a hijra bawa , there was a time almost every top old heroine in the film industry had learnt to dance under him..and its his humility he wont tell ther names or tell me anecdotes of that era.

He is famous in the hijra samaj, he has one grouse I have shot him extensively but never given him a copy of his picture.

We meet during the Urus circuit and he has a gemstone stall during the Haji Malang Urus I have never bought anything from him..

He loves little children and they are always around him.

He is a unique hijra Bawa the No1 in the hijra community , he dances at hijra parties before the Hijra sandals.. hijras respect him old young everyone his favorite color is black and he loves crowds when he poses for me on the Ajmer streets .

Al his pictures are on my Flickr hijra bawa sets.. he is an amazing case study as a hijra model rare and out of this world.

This was shot this year I dont carry much jewelery to Haji Malang I am scared of losing it so I was very simply dressed..as compared to him.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube