Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Hijda Rafaee

179,205 items / 1,408,377 views


The Hijda Rafaee is a transgender who was in the procession of the Sandal of Fakhruddin Shah Baba , he was along with the Chancawalli Rafaees and Handi the Head of the Chancawalli Rafaeeas did not like my photographing him, a clear distaste that Handi did not hide..
I was surprised as I know in Ajmer the Hijda Bawas and the Rafaees get along pretty well ...He the Hijda Rafaee did not seem to be bothered by Handis insulting remarks , and he was wearinga gents coat and trousers unlike the Hijdas who dress as women..
it was his masculine side spiritually displayed.. I took two shots .

And as I update this post today 13 June 2009, he might have the last laugh, Handi Sai died recently overdose of drugs ..I am told ..his place has been taken over by Barsati Bawa ..


And I am updating it again 7 April 2011
I last saw him once after this at Haji Malang he was very high but never saw him after that.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube