Friday, August 13, 2010

Ramzan Hope For The Beggars

Today was the first day of Ramzan and I decided to move through the Bandra slums I had taken a very long break from the slums choosing the side road to go to my work place.

The beggar move around the slums and people give them what they can , Ramzan is a month of piety charity and one tie when the kindred spirit of Humanity pervades the Muslim soul.

During Ramzan you will hardly find bad words hurled in the air, lesser fights among mortals , otherwise it is words like teri ma bahen etc used commonly by kids and adults too.

Ramzan changes the atmosphere and the air we breathe, it is less diluted and not abusive..

Beggar is a very common sight during Ramzan you cant escape them , they wander in all the streets where the Muslim soul shops for Iftiari..

This new set on Flickr Ramzan 2010 depicts the Ramzan ethos in Bandra if I go to town I shall add that too one of these days.

The Sunni Tarabi is in full force , shops close early and the fervor of spirituality prevails most of the men in skull caps and prayer beads in hands.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube