Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Hijra Vardan and the Blogger

136,768 items / 1,059,777 views

Hijda Vardan means gift , God has been extremely kind in gifting me the presence of a Hijra on the soul of my Blog.

I may not meet them for months and than all of a sudden they appear from nowhere...they are nameless without hope and these are the poor beggar hijras of Mumbai , an ethnicity that implores to be understood with compassion and rationally.


But Mumbai is ambivalent to anything and everything, we join hands only when we are hit below the belt by calamity, other wise issues that concern all of us have no meaning I thank the Mete Jam people I came to shoot the influence of their campaign at Bandra Station , instead I shot the Dabbawallas and this lone Hijra vying for attention on the poetry and drama of Mumbai life.

There is some connection between the hijra androgynous angst and me as a photographer , I tell their stories through pictures and without any ulterior motive or commercial agenda..you are sure to find me if you Google search for the Hijras or the Hijdas , you cannot escape one of my website links.

But of late I only post all my hijra blogs at Flickr , I stopped posting at my Word Press blogs because of people using my pictures without my permission or giving me a courtesy line.

They use my pictures as thumbnails for their fake identities on Flickr and Facebook too.. and I hate this why the fuck you cant be what you are and guys posting actors pictures as their own.. makes me puke all over my new black tee,
.
So this hijra at Bandra Station rushed to me when I called her and took a break from shooting the dabbawallas of Amchi Mumbai.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube