Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Dabbawalla Dude

136,774 items / 1,059,844 views

He is the quintessential new generation Dabbawalla young, versatile carrying the heritage of prompt service as his mantra of survival.


I asked him a few questions and without any journalistic pretensions , I am a street photo blogger , free service to society even Google does not pay us but yes it pimps our angst our words and our images ..

Well let me get off the beaten track I asked him who was his favorite actor ..he replied without beating around the bush..Only Salman Khan.I asked him Why he answered Bole To Sallu Bhai Insan Hai Jat Pat ka tension Nahi, Khan Hai Musalman Hai but Insaan hai..
And he added before I could pose my next question ,..Lal Bagh Cha Raja bhi unko bahut chahta hai.

I asked him his favorite film .. he said Wanted second best film he said Veer and third best film he said Dabbang ..I told him it was yet to release ,, he said Promo main paisa Usul ho jata hai.

So this is the human side of a Dabbawalla , his zest for life and nobody can take this away from him..

And the dabbawalla makes us proud and I wish he was educated some more , was given computer tutorials , and I leave it at that I wont Jam His Meter ..

I was enjoying shooting them and they are the original Marathi Manoos they dont crib , go on strike for better wages like the cabbies and the rickshawallas and the municipal staff.


And thanks to them tiffin from Aie mother , or baiko wife reaches the concerned person on time bhat curry and achar...and he shares the aroma the food with his co workers too.. and of course they all wait for Abduls tiffin as his mom makes the most mouth watering Chicken Biryani and sheer korma too..this is the spirit of our unity our Jagriti kept alive by the Mumbai Dabbawalla .

I salute you Dabbawalla Bhai..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube