Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Handi Sai May His Soul RIP

Handi Sai loved me and nobody at the Dhuni could fuck around with me he called the shots..loved being photographed by me ..

I met him before he died at Haji Malang he was in very bad shape and died at Kota Rajasthan.

I was like a in house photographer with this mendicant group , I begged with them barefeet and learnt lessons in humility , we mostly begged from hotels or went door to door shop to shop , the money I as given as alms I returned to Handi sai.

I got good money as the crowds were attracted to me , my colorful attire and knows as the Beggar Bawa or Camerawale Bawa.

Of course this was by people who came from far flung areas and did not know me at Mahim I am well known by everyone ad sundry.

I dont smoke hash or chillum , my high is shooting pictures and showing you a world that you wont see in travel brochures or in photo streams of other photographers.

And mind you it has taken me over 7 years to become part of them but also with due respect to my Shia identity.

And I once again thank Fajhad Khalil Pathan from Mahim Dargah , who introduced me to them.

Later it was Sakib and Firoze Rafaee and I have tried not to miss Sakibs sandal at all.

The Chancawalli Rafees introduced me to hard core body piercing Haji Malang Nizamuddin Aulia and Ajmer. Sharif.

I have lived with them and captured their life style their angst and ethos .

Without showing off most of the Rafaees from India know me and I have shot most of them at Ajmer or Haji Malang thi inspite of being manacled to Mumbai..

I am a self made entrepreneur and hobbyist photographer addictive barefeet blogger of Mumbai.. connected to the papier mache soul of Bolywood.


Updated 19 July 2010

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube