Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Muslim Beggar

125,317 items / 893,761 views

I shoot Muslim beggars , I am a Muslim beggar myself.He begs for a few coins I beg for peace and a tranquility of mind and soul.

I have been going through a very bad phase and a stressful life a phase that does not seem to end ..maybe to forget my own misery I shoot other peoples miserable lives .

This was the first time he came to my workplace and I could not find my wallet and my staff was not around, he kept talking about his misfortunes and he was not a professional beggar he had certainly seen good times too..

I found my wallet I gave him some money and told him I wanted to take his picture to tell others the story of his pain , he stood there I took a few shots.


Whatever his pain he had a glimmer of a smile on his face , a smile of hope..I did not ask his name yes he is a Muslim beggar reflecting my own beggarly state in his eyes.

He kept blessing me and invoking Allah to show his kindness for having given him alms.

Two things stand out Humility and Gratitude.

After he left I found both waving out to him..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube