Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Demystifying a 2 Year Old Child Photographer

125,313 items / 893,650 views

Demystifying a 2 Year Old Child ...Marziya Shakir my grand daughter.

I showed her this picture and asked her who this is she answered back Marziya Shakir ..than I asked her who shot this photo she replied Dada ..meaning me.

Than giving me a smile she said please play Ya Hussain Ya Hussain she strips to her waist and beats her chest to Ali Rizvi Sachays Noha..Run Main Hai Nala Kuna

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xmR7okCy_0&feature=PlayList&...

Marziya is the future of my photography , she sees a world of pictures at an early age I began shooting 10 years back..and I am still learning .

I am learning from the new kids on the block like Nitin Sharma from Lucknow ..and a galaxy of photographers I added as friends on Facebook thanks to Roland W Luthi and Michel Portier.

Michel has contributed to my angst I am indebted to his friendship.

Marziya is an impulsive photographer like me , she hates being photographed and I dont blame her she has been my favorite model with over 9889 or more pictures from the second day she was born.


But if I give her my Nikon D 80 first she will place the strap around her neck than lift the camera to eye level, a very tough task I assist her and than she shoots the trigger , than she will search for it on the monitor..so she knows the camera .

I did not know the camera when I was two year old.

I wish I could shoot her shooting me ..but for the moment this is enough.

Wife does not much care for photography so two photographers in the house would be hell for her.

Than I get fucked totally when somebody asks me what camera do I use or what lens do I use..
I use my mind more than my camera .. my camera is just a means to getting the image that I first shot in my head.

And I am not teaching Marziya to become a photographer am only strengthening her bond with life through a tiny keyhole ..a viewfinder that reaches the mysteries of the human soul.

I dont want to boast about my talented grand daughter either..I never took such pains with my own daughter at all, those year I was drunk to the gills.

So I have skipped the poem here , I just wanted get over my thoughts bring them out in the open so to speak.

I have not forced photography on Mariziya she has inherited it from me as gift of her birthright.

I could place my camera on a tripod and make Marziya a shooting photographer in no time but I want her to feel the weight of the body of a camera ...let it slip from her hands fall on the bed but she is smart she will not hold the camera without placing the strap around her neck.

And as the heat is real bad in Mumbai, I have stopped taking her out completely she goes to the garden with her mother in the evenings.

I shower thrice a day change my top thrice over.. and I just cant bear this years heat even after having lived in Mumbai since I was a year old.

I will also post Marziya pictures shot of me..


To Dr Pankaj Sharma , Roland W Luthi and Michel Portier.. dedicated to Nitin Sharma a who holds a great future in Photography.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube